How do you like your chocolate chip cookie? Crunchy? Chewy? How about somewhere right in the middle. If that's your chocolate chip cookie sweet spot you will love this recipe. This cookie recipe is vegan and gluten free, with an incredibly healthy, whole food-based ingredient line up. Instead of traditional dairy butter we used a combination of our stone ground whole coconut and brazil nut butters by Dastony to add richness and get the edges to crisp up to a perfect golden-brown. Instead of egg as a binder we used a combination of ground flax and water to create the perfect plant-based replacement. We subbed in our Rawmio Drinking Chocolate Mix for regular chocolate chips because you can't go wrong with these 3 clean ingredients: stone ground cacao nibs, cacao butter, and coconut sugar. No cane sugar, lecithin, or flavors added, just pure authentic raw chocolate goodness. You can also chop up any of our Gourmet Raw Chocolate Barks or even Essentials Bars as a sub if you wish. All you need now is a tall glass of cold, freshly made nut milk for dunking and you'll be set.
Gluten-Free Rawmio Choco Chip Cookies
Recipe adapted from The Vegan 8
Makes 1 dozen
1/3 cup blanched almond flour
2/3 cup brown rice flour
3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. Himalayan salt
1 Tbsp. ground flax
1/6 cup + 3 Tbsp. water
¼ cup + 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
2. Prepare flax “egg.” In a small bowl, combine flax with 3 tablespoons of water. Set aside to thicken.
3. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, brown rice flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. In a heat-safe bowl submerged in hot water, gently melt coconut butter until liquefied. You can also melt the butter slowly over low heat in a pan on the stove. We don't recommend microwaving.
5. In a medium bowl, combine melted coconut butter, maple syrup, and brazil nut butter.
6. Mix wet with dry ingredients, add in 1/6 cup water, and then lastly the chocolate "chips".
6. Use a tablespoon cookie scooper to scoop out cookies from the batter. Place each scoop on prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches in between.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the top starts to brown.