These gluten free Black Forest cake ball truffles are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! The chocolate covered cherry center is a fun surprise when you bite into them and is our take on the classic, Black Forest cake. They can easily be made vegan and are the perfect bite sized treat.
Gluten Free Black Forest Cake Ball Truffles
1 cup gluten free flour blend
¾ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
1 egg (for vegan option use flax egg or favorite egg substitute)
½ cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk of choice)
½ cup hot water
1 tsp vanilla extract
Rawmio Chocolate Covered Sweet Cherries
¾ cup dark chocolate chips (melted)
½ cup vanilla frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8” cake pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with oil
to prevent sticking.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond milk, and egg.
4. Use a whisk and incorporate the dry mixture into your wet mixture.
5. Add in hot water until combined.
6. Pour cake batter into prepared cake pan and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
7. Allow cake to cool completely.
8. While cake is cooling, melt your dark chocolate chips.
9. Crumble your cake into a bowl and add in vanilla frosting, mixing with a fork.
10. Make your cake balls by scooping out 2 Tbsp of cake mixture and flatten into discs. Insert one or
multiple (depending on size) Rawmio Chocolate Covered Sweet Cherries into center of disc. Use your
hands to roll into balls (recipe makes about 12 cake balls).
11. Roll the cake balls in melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Refrigerate to allow chocolate
coating to harden.
Amy is a registered yoga instructor and food lover. She loves to get creative in the kitchen and prioritizes better-for-you ingredients as she believes, what we put into our bodies impacts our entire being. When we feel our best, we can show up as the best versions of ourselves. Amy’s passion is sharing inspiration so others can find joy and balance in their lives. Follow along with her @cocoforavocados on Instagram.