If you've ever tried and failed at making vegan pancakes this recipe may seem nothing short of a miracle. Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, vegan pancakes made from scratch using only a combo of 2 different flours and no strange processed gums and binders. And the kicker...they actually taste AMAZING. Even the texture is perfect – soft and cakey on the inside (not gummy!) and slightly crispy on the outside. Top with a drizzle of Rawmio Almond Silk Spread, maple syrup, fresh berries - and if you're feeling really fancy – coconut whipped cream, and get ready to experience vegan pancake nirvana.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Lemon Pancakes (Vegan!)
Makes 10, 4” pancakes
1 cup brown rice flour
¾ cup blanched almond flour – make sure it says “blanched”
¼ cup tapioca starch
2 Tbs coconut sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp Himalayan salt
1.5 tsp lemon zest – optional for a lemon blueberry flavor
1 cup almond milk – unsweetened – we used fresh
1/8 cup Dastony whole coconut butter – gently melted
1/8 cup coconut oil – gently melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pure water – start with ½ cup and add up to 1 cup until you reach the right consistency – we used 1 full cup in the end
½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
2. Mix almond milk,vanilla, and ½ cup water together in a separate bowl – then combine with dry ingredients
3. Mix in melted coconut oil and coconut butters. Mix gently but thoroughly. Stir in remaining water and add your blueberries. Stir gently again.
4. Heat a pan or skillet on medium high heat with a small amount of coconut oil added to the pan to keep your pancakes from sticking and falling apart. (very important step!)
5. Cook each pancake until bubbles form in the middle and the edges start to look a little crispy. Flip carefully (vegan pancakes are more delicate because of the lack of egg!) and then cook the other side for 1-2 minutes until done. Serve warm with all the toppings and bliss out!