Since so many of us have been especially nice this year (right?!) Santa surely has his work cut out for him. Do him a service by offering him a plate of these nutrient-packed superfood cookie dough balls full of healthy, energizing ingredients! Our Dastony whole coconut butter offers metabolism-boosting MCT fats, while our stone ground almond butter stabilizes blood sugar with plant based protein. Our Veggimins Maca Matrix boosts energy levels and endurance, which obviously Santa needs.... Just be sure to set aside a few for yourself too!
Maple Superfood Cookie Dough Balls with Cranberries and Mac Nuts
Makes roughly 18, 1" balls
1/2 cup Dastony whole coconut butter, gently melted until liquid
1/4 cup Dastony raw or sprouted almond butter
3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup grade B maple syrup
1 tsp Veggimins Maca Matrix powder
1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
1 large handful cranberries
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
For garnish: superfood toppings of your choice: cacao nibs, cacao powder, coconut flakes, chia seeds, hemp seeds, goji berries, etc.
1. Grind oats into a flour in food processor or blender- place aside in a bowl.
2. Grind mac nuts until broken down but still slightly chunky - add to bowl with oats along with salt, maca powders, and cranberries.
3. Gently melt your coconut butter until liquid and combine it with your almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla in a separate bowl and mix until a maple paste forms.
4. Combine your "maple vanilla butter" with your dry ingredients, add a splash of water (about 1/4 cup) and mix until a large ball of dough forms.
5. Roll into balls and coat with toppings of your choice. We used coconut flakes, cacao powder, cacao nibs, and maqui berry powder.
Store in the fridge. These will be good for up to 1 week.