Yam Noodles with Sweet Sauce, Marinated Mushrooms & Sesame Seeds
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1
Spiroolied yams covered in a sweet miso sauce and garnished with chewy raisins! A totally delicious and super easy meal any day of the week. The sauce recipe would work very well paired with many different veggies and non-sweet fruits including zucchini, bell pepper, or even parsnip.
Ingredients marinated mushrooms:
1 teaspoons sesame oil (optional but recommended)
1 teaspoon tamari
sweet miso sauce:
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon agave/maple syrup/raw honey
1 tablespoon miso
1 tablespoons hummus (not raw, too bad)
1 peeled garlic clove
2 tablespoons mustard
3-5 tablespoons water, as needed
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 peeled yam
Directions To make the mushrooms:
1) slice them really thin then rub in the oil and tamari.
2) Put them in a warm spot (I put them in my oven at its lowest temperature) and forget about them for a minute.
To make the sauce:
1) blend all ingredients except sesame seeds together until smooth. 2) Add whatever else you want.
3) Then toss in the sesame seeds by hand. Set aside.
To make the noodles:
1) put the yam through your spiral slicer (spirooli) or slice on a mandolin
2) Then cover them with the sauce and them get to know each other for a few minutes. The noodles will soften and pick up more flavour. 3) Now remember your marinating fungi friends being warmed somewhere? Add those on top, and sprinkle on some more sesame seeds and raisins. Yum. Yams, man.