Vegan Rosemary Sage Cranberry Chevre
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 10
So you gave up the dairy cheese for good this year? It's time to embrace all of the delicious plant based cheese options out there! This recipe by Amy Lyons of Fragrant Vanilla is so easy to make, and so delicious! Aromatic, cheesy, and melt in your mouth, with a hint of herbs. Great with apples or pears on a salad (or just the fruit), with crackers of course, or even crumbled over pasta. Enjoy!
Ingredients 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours, and drained
1/4 cup filtered water
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp white miso (optional
1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
1/3 cup raw coconut butter, warmed to liquid
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves plus additional for coating
2 large fresh sage leaves plus additional for coating
1/3 cup dried cranberries
Directions 1. In a high speed blender combine the soaked cashews, filtered water, lemon juice, salt and coconut butter and blend until smooth.
2. Add the herbs and cranberries, and pulse in the blender at a low speed until chopped (alternatively, chop by hand and stir it in).
3. Pour into a bowl, place in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes until it is easier to work with, then scrape onto a piece of plastic wrap, and shape into a log while wrapping tightly.
4. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes until more firm (you want it to hold shape, but still stick to the herbs).
5. Place the rosemary and sage for coating on a plate, then roll the log in the herbs.
6. Place in the refrigerator until firm, a few hours. Then enjoy!