Vanilla Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves one large 9 inch cheesecake
A truly decadent raw vegan dessert masterpeice shared via Marlie Centawer on her blog Barefoot and Frolicking
. Top with a generous amount of sliced fruit such as fresh mango, peaches, nectarines, cherries, etc. and get creative with your raw chocolate drizzle.
Ingredients Crust 1 cup almonds 1 cup dates Cheesecake Filling 2 cup cashews 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut 1 cup dates 1/2 cup to 1 cup water, as needed 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil 2 tbsp lucuma (optional) 1 cup cherries de-seeded Chocolate Drizzle 1/2 cup cacao powder 1/3 cup melted coconut oil sweetener of choice (we used a few drops of stevia)
Directions To make the crust:
1) process the almonds and dates in a food processor until mixture is a crumbly consistency.
2) Press into the bottom of the cheesecake pan and set aside.
To make the cheesecake filling:
1) blend the cashews, coconut, dates, water (as needed), vanilla, lucuma (optional) and coconut oil in a high speed blender (hello Vitamix) until smooth and creamy. Save 1/3 of the mixture to set aside.
2) Pour remaining 2/3 of the mixture over the crust and let the cheesecake chill in the freezer for a few hours or overnight until set.
3) Blend the remaining 1/3 of the mixture with the cherries and smooth. Pour the cherry blended mixture on top of the set cheesecake and let chill in the fridge or freezer until top layer is set.
1) Decorate with your choice of fruits (sliced mango and cherries work well).
2) Drizzle with chocolate sauce in any fashion you like.