Vanilla Cardamom Chia Pudding with Persimmon Orange Jam
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 2
Persimmons are finally HERE and it's time to celebrate! This Vanilla Cardamom Chia Pudding with Persimmon Orange Jam is the perfect way to kick off persimmon season. This can be made easily the night before to take with you in the morning. You will definitely be happy to crawl out from under those warm covers when you remember that this creamy chia pudding is there waiting for you in the fridge. Recipe by of Julie Van den Kerchove of Julie's Lifestyle.
Ingredients Vanilla Cardamom Chia Pudding
6 tablespoons of chia seeds
2 cups of fresh almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
1 teaspoon of maple syrup, or more to taste
Directions Vanilla Cardamom Chia Pudding
1. Fill your glass jars with the almond milk and add half of the maple syrup in each jar.
2. Add cardamom, vanilla powder and salt to taste.
Close the lid and shake well.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of chia seeds in each jar, stir them with a spoon and then put the jars in the refrigerator for at least one hour (or overnight) so the chia seeds can absorb the liquid.
Persimmon Orange Jam
1. Combine the persimmon, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, turmeric and black pepper in the blender. Add cinnamon to taste and blend until smooth.
2. Top your chia pudding with persimmon orange jam and other toppings of your choice. I used ALL GOOD Vanilla Coconut Granola, sprouted pumpkin seeds (great source of zinc and magnesium!) and orange zest.