Turtle Pumpkin Squares
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1, 9 X 12 baking pan
You will be captivated by the silky-smooth, melt-in-your-mouth consistency of these turtle pumpkin bars by raw chef extraordinaire Diana Stobo
! The filling is made with real pumpkin, cashews, coconut, dates, vanilla and pumpkin pie spices and the crust is sweet and sticky and tastes reminiscent of graham cracker. This festive masterpiece is finished with a topping of raw caramel and pecans for a "turtle" effect. Enjoy this scrumptious and festive treat!
Ingredients Graham Cracker Crust 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts 1 1/2 cups shredded dried coconut 1/2 cup Raw Cane sugar 1/2 cup raisins 6 medjool dates, pitted pinch of sea salt
Pumpkin filling 2 cups raw pumpkin, diced small 1 cup raw cashews soaked 1 1/4 cup coconut milk 1/2 cup raw agave nectar 1/4 cup medjool dates, pitted and packed 2 teaspoons vanilla powder 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/8 teaspoon tumeric powder 1/8 teaspoon sea salt 1 tablespoon Lecithin powder 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted in hot bath Turtle topping (caramel and nuts) 2 tablespoons lucuma powder 2 tablespoons maple syrup 2 tablespoons raw pecan pieces
Directions Graham Cracker Crust
1) Place the walnuts, coconut and raw sugar in processor fitted with an s-blade and process until finely ground.
2) Add raisins, dates and salt and process until it begins to stick together. Do not over-process.
3) Transfer crust mixture into a 9X12 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly and press down with hands to compact.Ω
1) Place pumpkin, cashews, coconut milk and agave nectar in high speed blender and blend until creamy.
2) Add dates and spices and continue blending until incorporated and smooth.
3) Add lecithin and coconut oil until completely incorporated and pour evenly over graham cracker crust. Using a spatula, spread evenly.
4) Cover lightly and place in refrigerator on a flat surface for at least 2 hours.
Turtle topping (caramel and nuts)
1) In a small bowl, mix lucuma powder and maple syrup together with a spoon until a creamy caramel is made.
2) Drizzle over firmed pumpkin squares and decorate with pecan pieces.
3) Cut into squares and serve with raw cashew whipped cream if desired.