Tropical Passion Fruit Cream Cake
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1, 6 inch springform pan
Who could possibly resist a slice of this tropical passion fruit cream cake by Marquis Matson of Real Raw Kitchen
? A heavenly blend of cashews, juicy pineapple, maple syrup, fresh lemon juice, coconut oil and vanilla bean combine together to form the rich and creamy filling. The crust is a simple blend of walnuts, dates, and a touch of raw cacao and fresh, succulent passion fruit creates the perfect garnish. A tropical getaway presented to you in the form of a delectable raw dessert!
Ingredients For the crust: 3/4 cup walnuts 1 T cacao powder 4 medjool dates, soaked and pitted For the filling: 1 cup cashews 1/2 cup pineapple, chopped 1/4 cup maple syrup (not raw) 1 lemon, juiced 2 T coconut oil 1/2 t vanilla For the garnish: 1 passion fruit
Directions For the crust:
1) Place everything in a food processor and process until very crumbly.
2) Dump the contents into a 6 inch springform pan lined with parchment paper and press down until even.
For the filling:
1) Place everything in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. You may need to use the tamper to keep the ingredients moving.
2) Pour over the crust and then cover with foil. Place in the freezer for a few hours to set.
3) When you are ready to serve, scoop out the passion fruit and top the cake.