Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 2
Sometimes tender noodles smothered in a rich tomato herb sauce just hits the spot like nothing else. And just because you're raw or are avoiding grains doesn't mean you can't enjoy the experience! This recipe by Marquis Matson of Real Raw Kitchen
offers total satisfaction without the bloat, heaviness, or sluggishness that can ensue from a pasta meal loaded with gluten.
ps. If you love both pasta AND raw food and haven't yet invested in a good spirooli slicer
, what are you waiting for? You'll get a ton of delicious recipes out of it.
Ingredients for the noodles: 2-3 zucchini, spiralized for the sauce: 1 cup sun dried tomatoes (NOT in oil), soaked for a couple hours 1/2 cup tomatoes, de-seeded 1 clove garlic 1 T olive oil (optional) 1 t chili flakes (optional) fresh basil, thyme, oregano, etc sea salt to taste
Directions for the noodles:
1) Follow the instructions on your manual
2) Sprinkle with sea salt and gently mix. Set on some paper towels and allow the liquid to drain for about an hour.
3) Pat dry to remove excess liquid and salt, then they are ready to use!
for the sauce:
1) Drain the sun dried tomatoes.
2) Combine everything in a food processor and process until it is fully incorporated.
3) Toss with the noodles and some fresh basil.