Silky Lemon Bars with Caramel Sauce
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 8 bars
These lemon bars have an ultra light and silky texture that will melt in your mouth almost immediately. Agar is made from red seaweed and helps thicken the filling without relaying too heavily on nuts or oils. Serve your lemon bars with a generous layer of carawmel sauce, sink a fork in and enjoy!
Directions To make the crust:
1) add all ingredients to a food processor and blitz until you get a sticky, fine mix.
2) Press crust mix into chosen pie shape and place in fridge.
To make the carawmel sauce:
1) add dates and water to a powerful blender and whiz until you get a smooth, silky, thin texture.
2) Pour caramel into a bowl and set aside.
To make the filling:
1) add coconut shreds and lemon juice to the blender (no need to wash it after you make the caramel sauce). Whiz for few seconds.
2) Add banana, 5 TBSP caramel sauce, chia seeds and coconut oil and whiz until the mix becomes very smooth and silky. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
3) In a small pot bring