Raw Peanut Butter and Jelly Cream Pie
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1, 8 inch pie
A crunchy peanut butter cookie crust filled with luscious raw peanut butter mousse marbled with fresh raspberry jam and topped with fluffy coconut cream. This is what PB&J's dream about becoming when they grow up. Pure raw dessert heaven. Recipe by Amy Lyons of Fragrant Vanilla.
Ingredients Crust: 3/4 cup finely shredded dried coconut 3/4 cup raw jungle peanuts 1/2 cup ground flaxseed 1 cup soft pitted medjool dates 1/4 tsp sea salt Raspberry Jam: 1 1/2 cups raspberries 1 Tbsp coconut nectar or maple syrup (optional, I did not need it because my berries were very sweet) Filling and Topping: 4 cups fresh young coconut meat packed 1/2 cup fresh coconut water 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar, or your choice of raw liquid sweetener 1/4 tsp himalayan salt or sea salt 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract and seeds of a vanilla bean 3/4 cup raw coconut butter (warmed to liquid) 3/4 cup jungle peanut butter plus additional for swirling jungle peanuts and raspberries for topping
Directions 1. For the crust, combine all ingredients in the food processor until finely chopped and starting to hold together when squeezed (if it doesn't you may need a few more dates). Press the mixture into a 8 inch pie pan or spring form pan greased with coconut oil.
2. For the jam, buzz the raspberries in the blender or food processor until they are smooth (seeds are ok). Set aside.
3. To make the cream filling and topping, combine the coconut, coconut water, coconut nectar, sea salt, and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth. Add 3/4 cup coconut butter with the motor running and process for a minute.
4. Remove 2 cups of the cream and set aside. Add the 3/4 cup peanut butter to the cream in the food processor and blend until smooth.
5. To assemble the pie, spread a thin layer of the raspberry jam over the crust. Next, pour the peanut butter cream filling filling over that, then drop some peanut butter and the jam over that by the tsp. then swirl with a knife. Place in the freezer to firm up (about 2 hours). Place the other bowl (the plain cream) in the freezer for about 45 minutes and chill until it is the consistency of whipped cream (once it is the proper consistency, place in the fridge until the filling is ready.)
6. Once the filling and the cream have chilled long enough, top the filling with the plain cream, and top off with a little more of the jam, jungle peanuts and raspberries before serving.