Raw Matcha Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Cups
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 12
Not your average sugar-laden holiday dessert. This festive recipe by Amy Lyons of Fragrant Vanilla
utilizes coconut nectar as a sweetener for a much lower glycemic effect, and delivers a powerful dose of antioxidants thanks to raw cacao, matcha green tea, and pomegranate fruit. Enjoy!
Ingredients Chocolate: 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder 1/4 cup raw coconut oil, warmed to liquid 2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar a pinch of sea salt Matcha Layer: 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp coconut butter warmed to liquid 2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar 1 Tbsp matcha powder 4 Tbsp filtered water about 1/3 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
Directions 1. To make the dark chocolate, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
2. Set 12 foil cups out, and fill them 1/2 full with chocolate. Set in the freezer until hard (about 15 minutes).
3. Meanwhile, stir together coconut butter, coconut nectar, matcha powder, and water until well blended (it will be thick, like raw fudge).
4. Spoon the matcha layer over the top of the chocolate, and smooth the top with an offset spatula or a knife.
5. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and press in.
6. Place in the freezer to set, about 15 minutes. Store extra in the fridge.