Lavender, blueberries and figs...what a dreamy flavor combination. These lavender fig tarts by Heidi Turunen of Rawlicious Delicious make for the ultimate high tea treat! The base is made from dried figs, but you can also replace figs with dates. The creamy filling is colored with blueberries and flavored with organic food-grade lavender essential oil. So dreamy!
8 dried figs, soaked
4 dried dates, soaked
1 cup pistachios
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
pinch of good quality salt
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup blueberries
3 drops of good grade lavender essential oil (or more to taste)
pinch of vanilla powder or few drops of vanilla essence
1. Place all the base ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined. You should have slightly sticky texture. Press the base mixture in silicone cupcake molds and place in the freezer.
2. Place all the filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and well combined. Taste and adjust the sweetness and lavender flavor.
3. Pour the filling mixture in a mixing bowl or a container and place in the fridge to set.
4. Remove the base cups from the freezer and carefully remove them from silicone molds.
5. Once the filling mixture is firm enough and not runny, spoon the mixture in piping bag and fill the fig base cups with the filling. Place the lavender fig tarts in the fridge or freezer to set. Enjoy!
Heidi Turunen is the raw vegan chef and founder of Rawlicious Delicious. Heidi has a masters degree on education but decided to follow her heart what lead her to traveling, yoga and finally to creating healthy raw treats on 2014. She is passionate about real food and is recipe creator at Rawlicious Delicious, specializing in raw and vegan recipes. Heidi has a little market stall and she sells her raw treats for cafes and makes them to order. Heidi is also a yoga teacher and loves to combine her passion to wellness and nutrition in her life and career.
Find Rawlicious Delicious on Facebook!