Raw Chocolate Mousse Breakfast Tarts
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 3 mini tarts
Ingredients Raw Chocolate Mousse Tart Filling:
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted & chopped
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
10 Medjool dates, pitted & chopped
1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
1) In a food processor add almonds and coconut, and blend until they're all crumbled, about 10 seconds. Add chopped dates and pulse to combine.
2) Remove the lid and scoop out about two tablespoons of the mixture. With your hand form it into a ball, if it sticks together without crumbling apart then the crust is ready. If it crumbles, place it back into the processor, add a teaspoon of maple syrup or another date, and pulse again.
3) Cover a muffin pan with plastic wrap. Scoop out a couple of tablespoons of the crust mixture, and press it down into one of the muffin cups to form a tart shell. It should be about an inch deep. Repeat using the remaining crust mixture.
Raw Chocolate Mousse Tart Filling:
1) Place avocado flesh, dates and cacao into a food processor. Blend until very smooth and creamy. This will take a few minutes. Add more dates or maple syrup to sweeten if necessary.
2) When smooth, spoon some of the mousse into each of the tart shells. Top with sprinkle of cacao nibs. Place in the refrigerator to firm for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!