Raw Black Forest Cake
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 12
This raw dessert by Heidi Turunen of Rawlicious Delicious
is definitely not lacking in the phytonutrient department! Juicy blackberries and dark cherries swirl together in a creamy white chocolate cheesecake base paired with a chocolate walnut crust. YUM!
2 1/2 cups raw walnuts
1 1/2 cup pitted dates
Directions 1. Place all the crust ingredients into a food processor and run until well combined. Spread the crust mixture in the bottom of a cake pan and set aside.
2. Melt cacao butter in a small sauce pan, placed inside of a bigger sauce pan with hot water in it.
3. Put all the filling ingredients except berries, into a food processor and run until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust if needed.
4. Pour the filling over the crust, but leave few tablespoons of the filling aside.
5. Add blackberries and cherries into the remaining filling mixture. Add optional few tbsp of maple syrup for more sweetness.
6. Pop little dollops of berry mixture over the cake filling and use a knife to form patterns.
7. Place the cake into the freezer and let it set for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!