Raw Banana Tiramisu
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1, 6 inch cake
Raw vegan banana cake layered with pillowy coconut cream laced with chocolate, coffee extact, and vanilla bean, topped off with shaved chocolate and cacao powder. This raw fusion of banana cream pie and tiramisu by Amy Lyons of Fragrant Vanilla Cake is pure perfection.
1/2 cup raw almond meal
1/2 cup sprouted oat flour (or additional almonds)
1 cup dried shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
8 medjool dates, pitted
1 1/2 small organic bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups raw cashew pieces (preferably soaked overnight)
1/2 cup coconut water
2 cups fresh young coconut meat (or additional soaked cashews if not available)
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar, agave nectar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract and seeds of half a vanilla bean
1/2 cup raw coconut oil (warmed to liquid)
4 tsp coffee extract, divided
1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
1 Tbsp brewed coffee, whisked together with 1 tsp raw coconut nectar or agave nectar (optional)
3 bananas, sliced
raw cacao powder
shaved raw chocolate
Directions 1. For the cake, combine the almond meal, oat flour, and coconut in the food processor and process until finely ground like flour. Add sea salt, vanilla, and dates and process until well combined and dates have blended into the flour. Add the bananas and process until smooth.
2. Spread out into about a 6 inch circle on a teflex lined dehydrator tray and dehydrate for about 12 hours, or until dried but still a little moist in the middle.
3. Meanwhile, to make the filling and topping, combine the cashews, coconut water, sea salt, agave nectar, and vanilla anc process until smooth. Add the coconut oil slowly with the motor running (If the mixture starts to separate and clump, the filling is too cold to emulsify the oil, so warm some of it and process again). Divide into 3.
4. Add 1/3 back to the processor and add 2 tsp coffee extract. Remove and add another 1/3, to that add 2 tsp coffee extract and 1 Tbsp cacao powder.
5. Place the 3 bowls of topping in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes until it firms up to whipped cream consistency.
6. Once ready to assemble, line a 6 inch springform pan with parchment on the bottom and sides. Place the banana cake at the bottom (trimming edges if too large). Brush with the coffee/agave mixture (this is optional, I did not because I do not drink coffee/caffine, but it will give the tiramisu a more pronounced coffee flavor). Sprinkle with some shaved raw chocolate, and spread the chocolate coffee cream over. Top with a layer of bananas, then sprinkle with more shaved chocolate and spread the coffee cream over. Top with another layer of bananas, then sprinkle with more shaved chocolate, then spread the plain vanilla cream over. Dust the top with raw cacao powder and sprinkle with more shaved chocolate.
Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours to set, then unmold and serve!