Pumpkin Spice & Coconut Breakfast Bars
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves
Raw, vegan, breakfast bars made with pumpkin spice and coconut! Usually raw, vegan bars are tricky, especially when it comes to staying formed and not becoming too chewy when out of the fridge too long, but not these! These bars by Crystal Bonnet of Raw Revive stay nice and put in their bar shape and the texture remains. Grab one for a snack on the go, or try them crumbled up over your next banana nice cream or smoothie bowl. Enjoy!
Ingredients 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats 1/2 cup raw walnuts 8 dates 1/2 cup cranberries 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds 1/4 cup sunflower seeds 1/4 cup maple syrup 2 tablespoons chia seed powder 2 tablespoons dried coconut for bars + 2 tablespoons dried coconut for garnish 1 tablespoon mesquite powder (optional) 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 tablespoon coconut oil 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice dash of salt
Directions 1. Soak dates for 15 minutes and remove pits.
2. Place walnuts and oats in the food processor and pulse until combined.
3. Add dates to the food processor and pulse until combined.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and process until a dough forms.
5. Line a 9 x 9 square baking pan with parchment paper or saran wrap.
6. Place mixture into the pan pressing firmly until even.
7. Place the rest of the dried coconut on top of the bar mixture spreading evenly on top for a garnish.
8. Place pan into the freezer for set for a minimum of 1 hour.
9. Remove pan from freezer, remove bar mixture and cut into bars.
Keep in fridge or freezer until eaten.