Nourishing Turmeric Granola
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves
If you own a dehydrator it's time to pull them out from hiding, dust them off and start making some delicious granola again that you can enjoy all fall and winter long! We love buckwheat granola as a garnish, in parfaits, layered with vanilla chia pudding, or drowned in a big bowl with fresh almond milk and fruit. We also love turmeric and all of its amazing anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, and immune-boosting benefits! This recipe by Chris Anca of Tales of a Kitchen
so masterfully combines them both together in the most simple, sweet, and to the point way. Enjoy!
Ingredients 170g buckwheat groats
1 large banana (about 100g)
15g fresh turmeric
2 TBSP mesquite powder (optional)
Directions 1) Soak your buckwheat groats in water overnight (generously cover them in water).
2) Drain and rinse the next morning. Add fresh water again and soak them for a further 6-7 hours. Or until you come back from work.
3) Drain and rinse and put the buckwheat in a bowl.
4) Blend the banana with the fresh turmeric until mashed. Add the mix to the buckwheat with the mesquite powder if using and mix everything by hand until the buckwheat is covered in the banana mix.
5) Spread the granola on a dehydrator teflex sheet. Make sure you spread it out evenly.
6) Dehydrate at 115 for 2-3 hours. Break it by hand and turn piece upside down and continue to dehydrate for a further 4-5 hours or until crisp.