No Bake Thin Mint Freezer Fudge
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 10 pieces
Sometimes you just crave a piece of fudge. And not just any fudge- cold, delectable, creamy, melt-in-the-mouth freezer fudge. If you're a fudge fiend you will love this recipe by Brandi Doming of The Vegan 8
for thin mint raw vegan freezer fudge. It comes together using only (can you guess?) EIGHT simple ingredients. Healthy, decadent, easy, fast and positively addictive.
Ingredients 1/4 cup low fat coconut milk (I used canned) 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (or cashew butter would work too I bet) 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (or agave) 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1/4 teaspoon mint extract 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (cocoa powder will work too, but raw gives the best flavor) 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons liquid melted coconut butter (it should be complete liquid) 1/4 cup chopped nuts of choice (I used sliced almonds and pecans in 2 batches) Optional: chopped fresh mint for garnish
Directions 1. Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning, so that the coconut butter does not cease up when added to the other ingredients. Line a 9X5 loaf pan with parchment paper hanging over the sides.
2. Add the coconut milk, almond butter, syrup and both extracts to a medium bowl and stir very well. Be very careful when measuring the mint extract, as too much can easily turn this from tasting minty, to tasting like toothpaste!
3. Next stir in the cacao powder and salt really well.
4. Melt the coconut butter to a complete liquid and then measure out 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons and add to the remaining ingredients. Mix really well. Add chopped nuts and stir well.
5. Pour into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
6. Freeze for 4-8 hours, preferably overnight to be completely solid. It will be perfect and fudgey immediately upon removal of the freezer, no need to wait for it to thaw! Slice into bars and keep stored in a ziplock bag or foil.