Lemon Crunch Dessert
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1-2
Creamy, dreamy, lemony goodness with a delectable sprinkling of sweet cinnamon and nutmeg spiced crunch. This recipe draws its inspiration from key lime pie. Chef Rawloulou shares about her decadent dessert recipe, "This is Loulou's version of Raw Model's Key Lime Pie, I had no limes, so I used Lemon and I wanted to veer away from using nuts for a pie base so I ended up using my 'sweet crunch' (see below) instead to give texture."
Ingredients Lemon Cream
1 ripe avocado
1 T yacon syrup
1 T lemon juice
1/2 T lemon rind (finely grated)
2 T coconut oil
Loulou's Sweet Crunch - make ahead of time
1/2 cup brown organic dried apricots
1 cup sunflower seeds (soaked over night)
1/2 cup sesame seeds hulled
1/4 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
3 dried figs
3 pitted dates
1/2 cup hemp seeds (hulled)
Directions Lemon Cream
1) blend all of the above together in the processor until it all combines nicely
2) then add to glass bowls and layer with the sweet crunch making the last top layer the crunch layer.
store in the fridge covered for a few hours or until ready to serve.
Loulou's Sweet Crunch
1) blend all of the above in a blender until you reach a smooth consistency.
2) spread the paste thinly onto some dehydrating sheets and dehydrate for about 12 hours (until crunchy to touch)
3) break up the dried paste mixture into a food processor and blitz until you reach the desired size crunch bits
4) then place these crunch bits back in the dehydrator for about another 6 hours or until they are thoroughly dried and crunchy
store in an air tight container