Lemon Berry Swirl Cheesecake
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1, 12
Lemony, dense, luscious berry-full cheesecake goodness! This is one of Heather Pace's most tried and true cheesecake recipes, so it's sure to be amazing. This is a very summer-time appropriate dessert, and the swirls of vibrant red and purple from the fresh berries give it a very gourmet look. The recipe itself however is easy to make and you'll have fun feeling like a professional dessert artist. Using a springform pan will give the cheesecake a very professional look. Share with friends and loved ones as this luscious cheesecake will will bring a smile to anyone's face regardless of whether they love raw foods or not.
1 1/2 cups almonds*
2/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
3 cups cashews
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons lemon juice
2/3 cup agave or other liquid sweetener
Pinch of salt
Lemon zest (from all juiced lemons)
1 cup melted coconut oil
4 cups mixed berries
1) Grind the almonds into a flour in a food processor.
2) Add the raisins and continue grinding until broken down.
3) Add the coconut and vanilla. Grind again to incorporate.
4) Add another 1/2 - 1 teaspoon water if needed to keep the mixture held together when pressed in your hand.
5) Press evenly into the bottom of a 12" spring form pan.
1) Blend all except the oil and berries in a high speed blender (may need the tamper).
2) Add the oil and blend again until completely smooth.
3) Transfer 1/2 - 2/3 cup of the mixture to a small bowl.
4) Add all the berries and blend again until smooth.
5) Pour the filling evenly over the crust.
6) Pour blobs of the lemon cream on top.
7) Using a chopstick, push each blob down into the berry filling before swirling it into the berry cream on the surface.
8) Chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
9) Garnish with berries or whatever else your heart desires!