Heavenly Raw Cherry Rose Bars
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 16 bars
This gorgeous recipe is so divinely feminine and makes the perfect dessert to celebrate the goddess aspect! A coconut pistachio crust is layered with fresh cherry jam and a sweet coconut cream infused with real rose water. A layer of chocolate finishes things off quite nicely. Leave it to Amy Lyons of Fragrant Vanilla Cake
to remind us just how inspiring and decadent raw food cuisine can be.
Ingredients Crust: 1 cup raw pistachio nuts 1 cup finely shredded dried coconut 3/4 cup buckwheat, sprouted and dehydrated (or additional coconut) 1/4 tsp sea salt 12 soft medjool dates, pitted (if not soft, soak them until they are and drain them) Cherry jam: 1 cup pitted red cherries 2 Tbsp dried cherries (soaked in filtered water for 30 minutes and drained well) 1 Tbsp raw coconut nectar 1 Tbsp coconut butter, warmed to liquid 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 2 cups red cherries, pitted and halved Rose Cream: 1 cup raw cashews or pine nuts, soaked 2 hours and drained well 1 cup fresh young coconut meat (or 1 cup cashews if coconut is unavailable) 1/4 cup fresh coconut water (or filtered water) 3 Tbsp raw coconut nectar or raw agave nectar 1/4 tsp sea salt seeds of one vanilla bean, or 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract 1 tsp rosewater 1 small chunk red beet (optional for color) 3 Tbsp coconut butter, warmed to liquid 1/4 cup raw coconut oil, warmed to liquid Chocolate glaze: 1/2 cup raw cacao powder 1/2 cup raw coconut oil, warmed to liquid 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar or raw agave nectar a pinch of sea salt
Directions For the crust:
1) combine nuts, coconut, buckwheat, sea salt, and dates in the food processor and process until fine crumbs and starting to hold together when squeezed.
2) Press the mixture into a square on a foil lined sheet pan 1/4 inch thick, and set aside in the fridge.
To make the cherry jam:
1) combine all ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth.
2) Spread over crust then top with the halved cherries cut side down, and place in the freezer while you make the cream.
To make the cream:
1) combine all ingredients but the coconut butter and oil in a food processor and process until smooth. With the motor running, add the coconut butter and oil and process a minute more.
2) Pour the cream over the cherries on the crust, spread to smooth and place in the freezer until firmed up, about 2 hours (it needs to be very firm in order to cut cleanly).
Meanwhile, to make the chocolate glaze:
1) whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
2) Pour it over the bars to form a thin layer, then smooth out (you may have extra, in which case pour it onto a foil lined pan and let harden, then use another time) then place in the freezer just until set, about 5 minutes, then cut into bars (I use a knife dipped in hot water, then wiped dry quickly to cut them (it slices cleaner since it melts the chocolate, and you need to dip it in the hot water between each cut)) enjoy! Store in the fridge.