Ginger And Lemon Pyramid Cakes by Golubka
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 9 inch cake
A simple almond and date crust (at the base of the pyramids) frames the creamy and zesty filling. Here, I sprinkled the cakes with some ground freeze-dried bananas for a pyramids of Giza effect.
Ingredients For the Crust
(Adapted from The Raw 50)
1 cup dates
Directions Instructions for the Crust:
1. Mix the dates, almonds, and flax seeds in a food processor until creamy.
2. Transfer into a 9-inch tart or cake pan.
3. Form the crust with your fingers.
Instructions for the Filling:
1. Use a food processor to combine the dates, almonds, coconut, and ginger until finely blended.
2. Add the lemon juice, zest and coconut oil.
3. Process until creamy. Spread the filling over the crust.
4. Dehydrate at 110F for about 6 hours. The cake should be firm, but not completely dry.
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.