Exceptionally Creamy Chocolate Tahini Ice Cream
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 4 cups
A creamy, rich, and full-bodied raw vegan ice cream created by the talented hands of Brandi Doming of The Vegan 8
. This recipe gets its ultra smooth and creamy texture from Dastony's
stone ground sesame butter. Not only will it satisfy the urge for ice cream you'll also be getting a hefty dose of bone building calcium and magnesium from both sesame and raw cacao. Yum!
Ingredients 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (I use homemade because it tastes so much better and I make mine creamy) 1/4 cup oat flour 1/2 cup raw cacao powder 3/4 cup coconut sugar 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Dastony raw sesame tahini 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 tablespoons raw agave (or maple syrup, coconut nectar, etc.) 2 tablespoons melted cocoa butter 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (don't omit)
Directions 1) If you want to prepare your own almond milk and for the best flavor, it couldn't be more simple. If not, skip this step and just use storebought. Just soak 1 cup almonds in a cereal bowl covered with water for 8 hours or overnight.
2) In the morning, drain and rinse the almonds. Add them to your blender with 3 cups water and blend until very smooth.
3) Drain the milk through a nutbag or fine mesh strainer. A high powered blender works best, but a regular blender will work too, you will just need to strain the milk a few times. However, a nutbag will make your life much easier! If using a nutbag, make sure to really squeeze the almond pulp and get all of that wonderful milk out.
4) Measure out 2 cups and store any extra in the fridge for smoothies, etc.
5) Add almond milk to your high powered blender and add the oat flour. Let it soak 10 minutes.
6) Add all of the remaining ingredients and blend for a couple of minutes until very smooth, scraping the sides as necessary. You really want to make sure the oats are completely pureed.
7) Pour in your ice cream maker, making sure to completely scrape out your blender. Churn for 15-20 minutes until the ice cream is firm.
8) Place in the freezer to harden for 1-2 hours before eating. If it freezes overnight, just take it out 5 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container.
9) Garnish with chopped dark chocolate if desired.