Coconut Rock Melon Mousse Cake
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1 medium springform pan
What a vision! This raw cake by Chris Anca of Tales of a Kitchen
features simple ingredients that pair together in the best way passible, and the finished product will look like a work of art too! A wholesome crust of nut meal, dates and coconut oil combines with fresh rockmelon (also known as cantaloupe) and a luxuriously light and creamy coconut mousse made with young Thai coconut meat, freshly ground cardamom, and a sweetener of your choice. Enjoy!
Ingredients For the base: ⅔ cups of almond and cashew meal mix 3 Medjool dates (or about 4-5 dry dates, soaked in water and drained) 1 TBSP solid coconut oil For the coconut mousse: meat of 1 young Thai coconut seeds of 2 cardamom pods, ground with mortar and pestle 1 TBSP sweeter of choice (honey / maple syrup) 1 TBSP coconut oil Filling: few small, thin slices of rockmelon To serve: more rockmelon slices
Directions 1) Add the ingredients for the base to a blender and blitz until you get a sticky dough.
2) Press the dough into your cake pan (spring form pan works best).
3) Add all ingredients for the coconut mousse to the blender and blitz until you get a smooth mousse.
4) Add 2-3 TBSP water if needed to blend them well.
5) Scoop half the mousse onto the cake base and then layer up the rockmelon slices.
6) Scoop the rest of the mousse onto the rockmelon.
7) Cover and put the cake in the freezer for 30 minutes or so, then move it to the fridge until ready to serve.