Coconut Lime Cream Cake
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1 small 9-10cm cake
Have you ever seen a raw cake creation quite like this beauty by Chris Anca of Tales of a Kitchen
? A buttery lavendar toned crust made with whole coconut butter and blueberries combines with a simple filling of fresh Thai coconut meat blended until creamy with lime, raw honey and coconut oil. A nourishing and beautifying coconut-based dessert perfect for this season of rebirth!
3 really full TBSP coconut butter 2 flat TBSP mashed blueberries
FILLING meat of 1 young coconut (about 1 cup) zest and juice of 1 lime 2 TBSP raw honey or maple syrup (or 3 TBSP if you prefer it sweeter) 2 TBSP coconut oil
TOPPING chia seeds edible flowers - no need to be fancy: go for rosemary flowers, basil flowers or dry lavender buds
Directions 1) Line your cake dish with cling film.
2) Mix the ingredients for the crust in a bowl. They can easily be mixed with a spoon.
3) Press the crust in the cake dish and form your crust. It will be soft at this stage, but it firms up well in the fridge.
4) Pop the cake pan in the fridge.
5) Add the ingredients for the filling to a blender and whiz up for few seconds, until it becomes smooth and silky. Taste at this point to see if it's sweet enough for you.
6) Scoop the filling into the cake pan. Depending on how much coconut meat your coconut has, you might have an extra spoon or two of filling left, but I'm pretty sure you know what to do with that.
7) Pop the cake in the fridge to firm up.
8) Serve with chia seeds and edible flowers.
This recipe makes 1 small 9-10cm cake.
I have received so many questions related to the crust. IT IS unusual, I know. But trust me, it works! And ingredients are enough for a small 9-10cm cake. I used just coconut butter and blueberries, no other ingredients that I