Cinnamon Rolls with Coconut Frosting and Caramel Raisin Filling
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 6-7 servings
The beauty of Emily Von Euw's
recipes is that upon appearance they look simply too decadent to be truly healthy. However a simple glance at the ingredients utterly changes that perception! She is a true wizard in the kitchen!
If you're looking for something special to enjoy for a sleepy breakfast or brunch this weekend gather your ingredients now because this is the recipe to make! Gooey, sweet, and cinnamon spiced - these raw cinnamon rolls make the perfect cozy accompaniment to a warm cup of herbal tea!
Ingredients dough: 3/4 cup gluten-free oats 3/4 cup buckwheat groats 3/4 cup raisins 3/4 cup dates Pinch of salt (optional) 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 tablespoon water Dash of cinnamon coconut frosting: 1 heaping cup young coconut meat 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil 4 tablespoons agave syrup (or other preferred sweetener) 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoons lemon juice Water, as needed caramel raisin filling: 1 cup dates 1/4-1/2 cup coconut water Cinnamon powder, to taste 1/4 cup raisins
Directions To make the dough:
1) pulse the oats and buckwheat groats in your food processor until they become a rough flour.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it all begins to stick together. Roll the dough into a square about 1/4-1/2 cm thick.
3) Put this in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
To make the frosting:
1) blend all the ingredients together until it's smooth and drizzly. Set aside.
To make the cinnamon caramel filling:
1) blend all the ingredients together - except the raisins - until smooth and thick like a paste. Set aside.
1) Cut the dough (which should now be a little more pliable) into strips and spread the filling evenly on each one, then sprinkle on the raisins and gently roll the strips up.
2) Cover with the frosting and freak out at the awesomeness of the planet.