Chocolate Caramel Candy
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 12-15 candies (depending on the size)
Have you made the decision to cut out refined sweeteners, but can't seem to silence that nagging sweet tooth? Lucky for you there are plenty of healthier ways to satisfy those cravings for sweet treats - for instance these raw vegan Chocolate Caramel Candies by Julie Van den Kerchove of Julie's Lifestyle. They make the perfect sweet treat for this time of the year!
Ingredients Date Caramel
Directions Date Caramel
1. Combine dates, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt in in a small food processor fitted with an S-blade. Mix until well combined.
Set aside while you prepare your chocolate candy base.
1. Place your cashews in the food processor. Process until finely ground.
2. Add the dates, cacao powder and salt, and mix again until well combined. The dough will turn into a sticky ball.
3. Roll the chocolate candy mixture into small balls.
4. Press each ball into a round candy base with a hole in the middle.
5. Fill each hole with date caramel.
I garnished the Chocolate Caramel Candy with goji berries and finely ground cacao nibs, but feel free to get creative! You could use toppings like crushed pecans, dried cranberries, shredded coconut, orange zest