Cacao Raspberry Magic Cake
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1, 6 inch springform pan
Let this indulgent chocolate raspberry creation by Marquis Matson of Real Raw Kitchen
captivate you with its wholesome ingredients and perfect combination of sweet, savory, creamy and tart. Can a cake possess magical powers? In the case of this particular recipe we believe the answer is YES but don't take our word - give it a try yourself!
1 cup almonds 2 cups macadamia nuts 1/2 cup maple syrup (more if you prefer a sweet cake) (not raw) 1/4 cup coconut oil 1/2 lemon, juiced 4-5 dates, soaked and peeled 2 T cacao powder 1 t vanilla pinch of sea salt cacao shell (recipe below) Cacao Shell
: 1/4 cup of shaved cacao butter 1/4 cup of shaved cacao liquor 1/4 cup of maple syrup (not raw) 1 t vanilla
1) Place the almonds in a food process and process until a flour is formed.
2) Add the dates, salt, and cacao powder and process until a chunky dough is formed.
3) Dump contents into a 6" springform pan and press down until even.
4) Next, place the macadamia nuts in a food processor and process until a flour is formed.
5) Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil and process until smooth. (Add 1-2 T of water as needed to facilitate blending).
6) Dump contents over the crust and smooth over until even.
7) Place in the freezer for an hour, then move to the refrigerator.
8) Pour the cacao shell over the top and place in the refrigerator to harden. Top with fresh raspberries, coconut nibs, whatever sounds good!
1) In a glass bowl, add the cacao butter and cacao liquor. Make sure everything that comes in contact with this is 100% dry. Any amount of water will create a chunky, curdled consistency.
2) Place the bowl over a pot of warm water and stir until melted.
3) Add the maple syrup and vanilla and stir to incorporate.
4) Pour into mold or over dessert. Place in the refrigerator to harden.