Blueberry Coconut Cupcakes
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 3 cupcakes
All-raw coconut and cashew flour cupcakes by Heather Pace of Sweetly Raw
with a creamy white chocolate flavored blueberry icing. Need we say more? Bite in and enjoy!
Read below for instructions on how to turn this recipe into a Lemon Coconut or
Coconut Cardamom version...
Ingredients Coconut Cupcakes:
1 cup dried coconut
2/3 cup cashews
3 tablespoons agave/ maple syrup, or to taste
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
4-6 tablespoons freeze dried blueberries or dried blueberries, optional*
1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup agave, maple, or coconut nectar
2 tablespoons agave powder (inulin)*
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
4 1/2 tablespoons melted cacao butter
Directions Coconut Cupcakes
1) Grind the dried shredded coconut in a food processor.
2) Add the cashews and grind until both ingredients look like crumbs.
3) Add the remaining ingredients, except blueberries. Pulse to combine.
4) Fold the blueberries into the dough.
5) Lightly press into mini muffin cups.
*For a nice crunch throughout the cupcakes use the freeze dried blueberries. Use the dried blueberries (naturally dried without sugar) if you prefer chewy gems throughout the cake.
Lemon Coconut Cupcakes: Add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon lemon zest to the dough and replace the vanilla with lemon juice.
Coconut Cardamom Cupcakes: Add cardamom powder to the dough, to taste (it can be strong, start with only a little bit).
1) Add all ingredients to a high speed blender, in order given (oil/butter are added last). Blend all until smooth, creamy, and warm.
2) Pour into a large shallow dish and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
3) When firm, spread or pipe over the cupcakes.
*This is not sweet. Helps to emulsify and thicken.